Sunday, June 17, 2007

DISNEYLAND!





It was so much fun. Unlike Disney World the entire park is right there for you to enjoy. No monorails or buses needed to go from point A to point B. You just walk across from one gate to the other. I liked that about this park.

It wasn't overwhelming and you didn't feel like you were missing out on doing something. We went two Mondays in a row and I can say we did everything I was hoping to do.

We did miss riding the new Nemo ride but the 3-5 hour wait on the opening day was insane. In fact because of the opening day of Nemo the second Monday in the main park was a little claustriphobic.

As you can see from the photo: I even got in on the fun by wanting my picture taken with a character.

Highlights included the Pirates ride - the additions that have been made to match the movie don't stand out so bad that it makes the ride feel old. Also the West Coast version is SOOOOO much longer than the Florida one. After all these years still a beatiful feat of creativity and technology.

The Haunted Mansion is the same.

Despite all the drops I enjoyed Splash Mountain but it made me want to see Song of the South again. I can still remember in the 3rd grade watching it in the cafeteria at the end of the school year. Since Disney refuses to put a comment at the front of the film about the stereotypes in the film it will probably never been seen.

The California parade was so well done. The floats are very well maintained and look beautiful. I even got some happy tears during that and the fireworks at the end of the night.

Good Friends - No work and much fun!

And I think Patrick might have turned me into a mini-pin head - yikes - buying those things adds up.

We are currently on our final day in Tempe. Although we have made our own fun I am glad to be getting back to Califonia. During the day it's just too hot. The nights are okay but as I have said in many of my postcards from this city you walk outside and it's like living in your clothes dryer.

We went to downtown Phoenix last night to a cool bar called Amsterdam. Great layout and a fun space.

Tonight some of us are laying low and breaking out the Wii. Yep - got myself the new Nintendo system and it's fantastic. There has been much bowling and tennis played in our room in the last week.

Only two weeks left. And big announcement for those of you who don't know. I will be taking about 4 weeks off to see family and have some R&R in Los Angeles and then it's back to NYC for pre-production on a tour that hits the road around September 3rd.

Boy that was a long post : )

No comments: