Monday, August 07, 2006

Moved beyond words



For those who haven't seen this musical do so. For those who are cynical and haven't seen this musical do so.

Going to the theatre in the last few years has taken such effort most of the time. Tonight I decided to check off one of the ones on my list to see before I leave town. My expectations were moderate. I wasn't expecting it to blow me away and yet it did. This is not a perfect musical by any means but it has a cast giving it their all and a story that weaves these people's lives very well.

I would rather see a musical that moves me to tears and isn't perfect then one that people consider perfect that leaves me empty.

Those behind this show have made something magical.

After the show we had the chance to talk to one in the cast and I actually started to cry as I thanked her for her wonderful performance. I am not one to have such a reaction ever. Perhaps I am a little emotional because of my state right now but I don't believe that was the case.

This show moved me in a very real way.

I would say people should do what they can to see this show.

No comments: